Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Good news for you....

This scripture was part of Joyce Meyers devotion today I found it very interesting and powerful as it speaks to how I'm trying to live my life everyday. I wanted to share it and my thoughts as it effects my me. Maybe you can gain wisdom from it for your life and situation right now.

Blessed is the one who obeys the law of the Lord.
He doesn't follow the advice of evil people.
He doesn't make a habit of doing what sinners do.
He doesn't join those who make fun of the Lord and his law. (Psalm 1:1 NIRV)


I admit it is tough not living like the world says I should. This journey I am on is showing me the way I need live but it gets hard. Even with the simpler schedule of my day I still find the pull of distractions of my time cause me to not be as in tuned in to his plan as I should be.

The temptations of the world are GREAT. I can see where the devil gains his power. We are all driven by our senses and when they are tweaked we start our decision processes. We as christians all know the law or most of it at least, but the scripture is interesting because the lord already knows we will fall short. It says "don't make a habit of doing what sinners do", so he already knows we will make bad choices in our life, but don't make them habits. I can think of so many things that the world offers that can lead you down a wrong path, TV shows, movies, music. For example there are some really great shows but we all know the ones that are against what we as christians believe. Just look at the fall line up this year. "Very interesting". He also lets us be of free will and choice, "don't follow advice of evil people", he wants us to find the counsel of the righteous. Who in your life are you drawing your counsel or advice? What are they saying? He lets you pick and chose that advice. I bet the person who speaks the truth is the hardest to listen too?

I love that our god is a god that lets us live and make mistakes. It makes me realize how great the gift of the cross is and the awesome sacrifice it was. I fall short every day, but I won't let those mistakes become habits. That's the greatness of our god who loves us no matter what in the place your currently at!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Canvas

God's Canvas
View from our dock, St Augustine, Fl