Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Brrrrrrrr!!!!

Ok no great words of wisdom today or at least not yet will see how the blog rolls along. Just comments about life.

I really am digging this cool fall weather and the colors that are now in full splendor. My body clock is really getting in sync now getting preped for the long winter. I am amazed how quickly I am adjusting back to this climate. I have also enjoyed getting back and watching some football, I hadn't done that for years. It was hard to get motivated at 10am Sunday morning in the bright sun of Cali to sit down and watch and game. You always felt like you should be out in it like it wasn't going to be there tomorrow? Hockey season is back in swing, Jeff's team had its first two games this weekend which were wins. Nice start for a brand new team. Busted out the Ipad and watched the games on the big screen with my mother and father in law. I'm hoping that the Vikings can pull it together.....oh what am I saying I have had 44 years of disappointment being a fan and I will continue down this path, loyal till th end. It's painful though!!!

The girls are in the school groove Abbey has started to settle in. We made some adjustments in her schedule so she can have some independent time that she so much enjoys. Hayley also is doing good, she has a very good teacher who really relates well to the kids and she seems very energized and enjoying school. Jodi and I picked them up together yesterday, what an awesome gift to be able to do this simple task that we take for granted.

As for me, I can say I am happy. Jodi and I spent a night last week down in MSP doing some work for her business and having a date night at the Mall of America. Retraced a lot of old footsteps from my NWA days and brought back a lot of old memories. I finally can say I miss NWA and the friends and career path I had there. And that's ok. For years of the merger I supressed those feelings to make sure to get the two airlines together and on the right path for the long term future for the men and women who make it what it is today. Though my long term future was different, I can say I do not regret any choice I have made, it has and is defining who I am today. I explored one option for a job recently but I think I am going to hang tight yet and trust that the lord has my next job lined up for me....scary isn't it? He has it all ready, he just wants me to enjoy living each day right now.

Off to watch Jacey and Jackson this morning......best job in the world and I don't make a dime!!! Thanks Jesus for this opportunity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Canvas

God's Canvas
View from our dock, St Augustine, Fl