Monday, October 22, 2012

Letting My Light Shine

Letting my light shine, Matt 5:16 a interesting and a perfect verse for how I'm feeling today. Being a light in this world is something I always talk to my girls about but do I practice it everyday like I am suppose to? I think sometimes I am but when I am struggling that light is very dim or doesn't exist. I continue to go through this journey and grow, I am finding that consistency is key to living a balance life. I think the only thing I am consistent on is being inconsistent. I know it sounds kinda of ridiculous but if we each analyzed our life fully what would you see in this area?

Clear example of this is my time in the word. When I read the word and study and type these notes I feel close to god and really feel the clear direction in my life. When I don't do this I quickly drift in my walk. Something that seems so simple I make hard by my own laziness and lack of priority. How can I expect the next level when I am wallowing in this one. I have my moments of light and they seem to be more frequent so I think that is a good sign. But it is staying on track that is key. Don't get me wrong I want to be consistent but my worldly clock and schedule is keeping me from it, what about you?

I am beginning to feel gods direction for my next phase of life, the pull is unmistakable on where we should be. Now its trusting that god is driving the car not me right to my next job in a place he wants me. This radical thought is hard and completely against what the world would say I should do. I want to so intervene an push my way into the next phase of my life. Kinda of dumb since I have a pretty good thing rolling right now. My relationship with Jodi is strong, my kids are amazing me everyday and I am rested and not stressed and I'm enjoying the things I like in life. All indications that my light inside me is burning bright for all the world to see.

It is clear to me what I must do. I must work at getting into his word everyday some way some how. I believe now that the light in me is always bright, it is just weather I have my worldly sunglasses on blocking the true brilliant light that is the Lord in my life who is guiding me constantly and consistently each and every minute of my life with love and patience. The exact things I must have to move forward.

Hope you find this helpful in your life, God really put this on my heart to share for someone out there who is also struggling in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's Canvas

God's Canvas
View from our dock, St Augustine, Fl